UE Communications Web
SiteFarm CMS Administration and Web Development
UC Davis websites are built on SiteFarm, a custom content management system (CMS) built on Drupal. Using SiteFarm's built-in features allows units to manage their own content in accordance with campus standards for identity and accessibility.
While UE Comm has centralized administration to initiate the development of websites, each unit is responsible for identifying its Unit Web Lead, who has responsibility for the unit's day-to-day needs including posting and updating content following Strategic Communications' best practices for websites and UE standards.
Support for UE Websites:
- Startup for new websites: we collaborate on planning, design, and implementation.
- Units are primarily responsible for providing content.
- New websites must have a web lead, or Subject Matter Expert, trained on SiteFarm.
- To request a consultation for a new website, complete the web request form.
- View our UE SiteFarm resources to get started and find answers to the most common questions.
- Updating existing websites:
- In general, unit web leads are responsible for updating each unit's own websites. Where a site's UWL is unavailable, we maintain a limited student support staff. Please complete the web request form.
- Requests are largely managed by our student team. While our students typically complete jobs within 24-48 hours (more if the job is complex), expect delays associated with the academic year, including limited support during final week and vacations periods.
- In partnership with OCP-ISPS, we offer custom online application design and support for high-impact projects, consistent with the UE Mission. To request web applications, email email@example.com.
- Please review our roles and responsibilities document.
- All web applications require the client (unit requesting support) to identify a subject matter expert. SME is responsible for
- Clients are responsible for testing applications and updates prior to publishing to production.
UE's Web Apps
- Beyond the Stats (BTS)
- CEE Consultation Request Center (CCRC)
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence (CAE)
- First Generation Maintenance System (FirstGen)
- First Quarter Recommendation Tool (FQRT)
- First Year Seminar (FYS) Admin/Reporting Application
- IAE Pre-Arrival App (PAA)
- Partners in Acquiring Language (PAL) ADMIN
- Provost's Undergraduate Fellowship (PUF)
- Summer Sessions (VIPER)
- TA Language Requirement App (TALRA).
- TAO Admin System
- Testing Service Center Maintenance System
- University Honors Program Tracking System (UHPTS)
- URC Conference Registration Maintenance System (CRMS)
- Washington Program (Admin)