UE Communications Project FAQ
UE Communications accepts web update, photography, and design project requests online. Before beginning the process, please review the project request FAQ.
- How will my project be selected?
- Because we have limited capacity, we select projects that have the highest potential to positively impact undergraduate education, in keeping with the UE mission. We schedule projects according to our capacity to complete the project on time, as well as the project's deadline and exigency, and the likely time needed to complete it. Because every project is different, the process and timeline to completion will vary. A major factor is your readiness: do you have all of the content ready (such as photos and text) or will we need to research or generate assets?
- How do you prioritize projects?
- We have two primary criteria: mission relevance and impacts, and capacity.
Requests for web updates, design, and photography should be submitted using the online form. Requests for writing support, editing support, or to initiate complex projects should be sent to email@example.com .
- I usually email my project requests. Why should I use the online project request instead?
- The project request form gives us the ability to manage your project more efficiently. It directly enters your project into a project management spreadsheet that allows the appropriate team to track completion. Email is not an efficient way to track projects because of the number of requests we receive.
- I have a project I need completed very quickly. Should I use the online project request to submit it?
- Yes. Submitting your project through the online project request allows us to track your project. You can identify the project as urgent on the request form, and send a follow-up email. While we will try to prioritize completion, we typically have competing projects and can’t guarantee that your last-minute request can be fulfilled. While all projects have different timelines, we are always balancing multiple tasks and deadlines. For most single-element projects, we ask that you submit your request at least four weeks prior to your deadline, but we understand that is not always possible. If your project requires a faster turnaround, please email after submitting your request. Complex tasks with multiple deliverables or modes, such as conference planning, require advance planning.
- How will I know that my request has been received?
- You will receive a confirmation email listing the information you entered. You should receive a reply from the person managing your request within 48 hours.
- How do I submit files related to my project request?
- Please reply to the email generated by your request with any attachments.
- How long will it take to complete my project?
- The time it takes to complete your request will vary based on a number of factors such as project complexity, your availability to answer questions and approve proofs and printing timelines, as well as the number of projects we are currently working on. We ask that you submit your request at least four weeks prior to your requested deadline. Complex projects such as conference planning, suites of deliverables, and swag and other specialty items may take longer.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions about my project?
- Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for web updates and web-related requests, including questions about SiteFarm.
- I need to submit more than one project request. Can I enter them on the same form?
- If your projects are completely separate (e.g., you need a general brochure describing your services and a poster for a specific event) or operate on different timelines (different in-hand dates), please enter them in separate requests. If you are requesting multiple items for the same purpose due at the same time (e.g., a poster, postcard and booklet for a single event), you may enter them in a single request. If you have already submitted a project request and need to make changes or request additional items, please re-enter the system and edit your request or use the comments feature.
- Whom do I contact if I am having technical issues with the online project request?
- For assistance with web-related projects please e-mail email@example.com . For assistance with design requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org .