Setting up a Google Form is a great way to collect new content for your site or request data for your unit.
- Create Your Form
- Collect Responses on a Spreadsheet
Create Your Form
- Navigate to your Google Drive
- Select "New" in the upper left-hand corner of your window
- Select "More" then "Google Forms"
- Title your form
- Add more questions by clicking the
- Title each question
- There are several question types. Choose the one that best suits your need for each question:
- Short Answer
- Multiple Choice
- Choose "Required" for any questions you do not want to be skipped
Allow File Uploads
To allow file uploads, simply follow these steps:
- Add a new question
- Select the Question Type as shown in the image below
- Select the "File upload" question type
- The files that respondents upload will be sent to a folder in the Google Drive of the owner of your form. To enable this, click "CONTINUE"
- If you only want respondents to upload certain types of files for this question, select "Allow only specific file types" and choose which ones to allow.
Make Form Visible to Everyone
New forms will automatically require a sign in to view. This can create problems when you embed the form on your SiteFarm site. Unless you have a specific reason to prevent non-UC Davis emails from using your form, we recommend changing this setting.
To allow all respondents to view your form, in the upper right-hand side of your window click
Then uncheck "Restrict to users in UC Davis and trusted domains".
Share the Form
To share the form with other people who can edit the questions, select
Then click "Add collaborators"
To share the form with other people who can fill it out, select
The form will now appear in a new window. Copy the link in the URL bar and send to anyone you want to view it.
Collect Responses on a Spreadsheet
To collect responses on a spreadsheet, select "Responses" and then click the
Create a new or select and existing spreadsheet and select CREATE
New responses will automatically be added to this spreadsheet. If you add or remove questions to your form, the spreadsheet will add new columns to store the data.
Get Notification Emails
To receive notification emails for each response, select "Responses"
Then check "Get email notifications for new responses"
The owner of the form will now receive an email when a new response is submitted