Creating a blog of value is an opportunity to showcase what your unit offers.
Create Your Article
Articles are pieces of writing that compose your blog.
- To create your article, navigate to Shortcuts and select Add Content
- Select “Article - Use articles for time-sensitive content like news, press releases or blog posts.”
Please read the SiteFarm documentation for more on creating an article.
Make Your Blog
UE Communications Team recommends generating blogs using tags.
To add a tag, first edit your article:
Select “Categorizing” under Additional Options
- Add your keyword tags under “Tags”
- To add multiple tags: Use commas to separate between multiple keywords
- Example: Research, Undergraduate Education
- If there is a number after your keyword: The number after a keyword is created automatically for tags that have been previously created. To use an already created tag, type your keyword and use your mouse to click from the drop down selection.
Generating the Page
- Each tag has a unique link in the form of “/tags/keyword”
- If you are unsure of the URL link for the tag, visit your created article.
- All articles with the same tag will appear in this URL link
Add to Your Site
- Your blog-formatted tag-based page can now be added to your menu or on any block.
- To add your new page to the main menu, navigate to Shortcuts > Main Menu > Add Link
Add a title for the menu and include its corresponding URL link.
Similar to how you link new pages to your blocks, you may do the same with your tag-based page as long as you have the url link (/tags/keyword)