Skip to main content
UE Communications Design supports the mission of Undergraduate Education by
- Providing effective, creative, original designs in conformity with UC Davis policies and identity standards
- Providing consultation, design, and production support for high-priority projects that have the greatest potential to positively impact our students' educational experiences
- Reviewing designs originating in the units to ensure that they meet UE and UC Davis policies and identity standards
- Providing oversight and guidance for student designers in all units
- Creating and providing resources to help units meet their design needs
Process for Design and Ordering
- UC Davis requires that all designs conform with campus policy, and all ordering and purchasing be made from approved and vetted vendors to ensure brand conformity and adherence to campus and system wide policies, such as ensuring that we do not do business with companies that use child labor. Use the Approved Campus Vendor List and the External Licensed Vendor List or check out the vendors we use
- UE Comm reserves the right to approve or deny any project request based on the following criteria: Work capacity, campus standards and policies, and student impact.
- Print projects: please submit an online project request 4 weeks prior to your deadline.
- Design and production of swag and specialty items may take longer. Units will need to plan accordingly. A twelve-week lead time is suggested.
- Rush orders: rush orders may be possible, but there is no guarantee. Rush orders typically incur additional fees from vendors. Because last-minute project requests create delays for our other projects, we can only take them on case-by-case, depending on the time needed, other projects in progress, and how critical the project is to the UE mission.
- New designs and non-logo swag items require units to submit an online project request form. Once submitted, units will receive response within 48 hours. Approved projects will be calendared for production.
- If you have an existing design (such as a design created by your staff or student staff), please submit it for design review using the project request form. Projects will be reviewed for compliance with UC Davis and UE standards and policies. Non-compliant projects may be returned for correction. Non-compliant projects that are sent to vendors for production may be rejected by the vendor, delaying your project.
- Once a unit’s project or review has been completed, the requester will receive a signed approval form from UE Comm. This form also requires signature approval from department lead for budget approval (to confirm that funds are available and approved for this project) and to the AVP to approve for stewardship.
- Once all stakeholders have approved the units project, please upload the signed approval document to PrePurchasing or PCard document as a support document. UE Business Operations will not approve your order without UE Comm documented approval.
- Units are responsible for ordering their swag, print materials, billing and order tracking, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Services and Resources